One Star

Validation Error

I keep getting this error while running a job involving a tMap
Warning: object id 8 referenced by data validity list record not found - ignoring
Warning: cannot add data validity settings

The tMap is the specific element that is highlighted in the diagram. I have tried swapping out more complicated bits of the mapping (formulae and so on - basically anything that isn't a straight 1:1 mapping from one table to the other was deleted) and I've tried recreating the schema that's feeding into it but it hasn't had any effect.
The job itself isn't failing and all the records (rows in a spreadsheet) are loading fine so maybe I shouldn't worry but I don't like having warnings so I wondered if anyone can give me an idea of what I should be looking at please...?
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Validation Error

This might have been a red herring. I closed the project and reopened and it went away. Maybe some sort of weird cache thing...?

Hi,
What's the build version you got this error? Has this Validation Error ever re-occurred after you reopened project?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
It was TOS 5.4.1 for data Integration. The problem came back so I upgraded to 5.5.1 and it is still giving the same error, sometimes multiple times. 5.5 also seems to be taking a very long time over the "Generation Engine Initialization" stage, and I seem to be a bit stuck now.
One Star

I solved the secondary problem (It seemed not to like that my workspace was on a network drive) but I still have the original problem. the job in question shows this
Starting job PV3 at 17:03 30/06/2014.
connecting to socket on port 3972
connected
Data truncation
Warning: object id 8 referenced by data validity list record not found - ignoring
Warning: cannot add data validity settings

Data truncation
disconnected
Job PV3 ended at 17:04 30/06/2014.
I can see the data truncation needs to be fixed, but I at least know what to do with those. The other error is more mysterious.