One Star

Using tfileexcel components in a loop.

Hi all,

I have been trying to split my data into different excel files based on a column value. The column values are dynamic, so I was trying to achieve the same through a loop, by storing the distinct column values globally inside the job, and then running select queries inside a loop for each value.

The structure of the loop is like this.

tloop------iterate-----tFileExcelWorkbokOpen-----iterate-----tRedshiftInput-----main---tFileExcelSheetOutput------iterate----tFileExcelWorkbookSave-----iterate---------tJava.

I am using Jan Lolling's tfileexcel components, which are amazing btw.
But I guess, tFileExcelWorkbookOpen and tFIleExcelWorkbookSave cannot be used inside a loop.

It throws an error "tFileExcelWorkbookSave_2 workbook cannot be null!", everytime.

Does anybody has any solution for this issue.

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: Using tfileexcel components in a loop.

Hello,

The third party custom components on Talend Exchange are not "supported"(simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them) by Talend, since we don't have the source code of these components.  It is the ownership of the person who built it. Feel free to contact the author Jan Lolling please.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.