One Star

Using tSystem to launch a batch via remote command line

Hello,
We use TIS 5.6.1 but can't install the Talend JobServer on a server due to a different version of JavaRuntime environnement (1.5 instead of 1.6), what we can't modify for the moment.
As I can't deploy the job on the server, I'm trying to figuring out a solution to launch remotely a batch file on a Windows server via the tSystem component. Did someone know a simple solution to do that ?
3 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Using tSystem to launch a batch via remote command line

You can always install different Java versions in parallel and run the server with a specified java runtime version!
To run a Windows command remotely you have to find out how to do this on the Windows PowerShell and use this command in tSystem. 
I suggest a different approach: What about running on the remote server a job as file watcher. Sending a file to a remote server sounds much easier as starting a remote job. If you want to run the job on the remote server, simply send them a file, he detects the file and starts what ever you want.
One Star

Thanks for your answer. I'll see with my SI if they could install different java runtime environments on this server. It's used in production and they don't want to engage any risk.
About your suggestion, I don't really understand it. You suggest me to export a job who will run permanently on the server, waiting for a file to trigger the execution of the batch file ? It could be a solution but I don't want to have a job running permanently, I plan to use Talend as an orchestrator via the crontab.  And I want to be able to test it via the Studio by using the Target Exec, to be sure everything goes according to the plan.
Six Stars

You can use "psexec" from Mark Russinovich. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx