One Star

Using tSoap or tWebService to call a SOAP web service

Hi, 
I am trying to call a SOAP UI service that requires a logon call. I make a login call, and need to retrieve a session ID from the return response HTTP header. I will then be using that session ID in further calls to the web service.
So far I haven't been able to achieve this using either tWebService or tSoap. Which component is preferable for this task, and does anybody have some example screenshots on how to post an HTTP header with either component? The help pages for each component do not detail such tasks.
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Using tSoap or tWebService to call a SOAP web service

Hi 
As far as i know, there is no a component defines a global variable for the response HTTP header, so you can't achieve this task with existing components if you want to read data from the response header.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
Thanks for the reply, the tSoap component default output schema has 3 columns: Header, Body and Fault. I can retrieve the Body fine, but the Header always returns a null value. So is this a limitation of the component? I thought I had some kind of configuration wrong...
Community Manager

Hi NilanJ
I would suggest you to report a jira issue in our bugtracker, because I alway get null value in the header column.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business