One Star

Using tPigLoad to retreive data.

Hi,
I'm trying to replicate this scenario from Talend's documentation:
Scenario: Selecting a column of data from an input file
and store it into a local file
This scenario describes a three-component Job that selects a column of data that matches filter condition defined in tPigCode and stores the result into a local file.
And upon remote execution* to a linux server, i get the following error:
INFO executionengine.HExecutionEngine: Connecting to hadoop file system at: file:///
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job, method: submit signature: ()V) Incompatible argument to function
I have tried executing the same Pig scripts on my linux machine and i got the expected results.
This led me to think that Pig is running fine and the problem is in Talend's end.
Anybody have an idea about this? I would highly appreciate any help.
*tPigLoad execution mode is set to "Local"
Thanks,
Regina
3 REPLIES

Re: Using tPigLoad to retreive data.

Hi,
Which talend product build version are you using? Could you please upload the screenshot of tPigLoad component setting into forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I've been editing this post to attach the image, but to no avail. Is there something wrong with the Image Upload option?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
It's Talend Platform for Big Data v5.2.2.
And see attached image for the component setting of tPigLoad.
Another thing to take note is that; i'm running remotely in a linux machine via Talend's job server.
-Regina
One Star

This topic is closed.
It is resolved by explicitly importing the hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u1-core.jar library using Talend's tLibraryLoad component.
-Regina