One Star

Using salesforce Apex in Talend (merge API calls from within TOS)

Hi guys!
I have used the SFDC connections thus far with a lot of success. Namely...
tSalesforceInput -> tMap -> tSalesforceOutput
This was useful and enough for most migrations thus far, but now I need to do something more complex. Something similar to...
tSalesforceInput -> tMap -> tJava -> tSalesforceOutput
I need to get all the records via tSalesForceInput, then in a tJava component iterate and manipulate these records.
This manipulation requires APEX calls ">http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm] apex documentation. Considering how tSalesforceInput and tSalesforceOutput works, apex must be bundled in with the implementation in Talend. The only question is how do I acess the API in the tJava component? And what type of object is the result set from the tSalesForceInput component.

Cheers!!
1 REPLY
One Star

Re: Using salesforce Apex in Talend (merge API calls from within TOS)

Hi H3llion,
For tSalesforceInput there are two implements (Query and Bulk Query).They are different implement to get the data,so the type of object in the result set is different.
For Query implement: The type of object in the result set is like this : java.util.List<org.talend.salesforce.TopRecord> allTopRecords = tSalesforceInput.getAllTopRecords();
and for bulk Query:The type of object in the result set is like this : java.util.List<java.util.Map<String, String>> resultListMessage_tSalesforceInput = sforceBulk_tSalesforceInput.getQueryResult(queryResultId_tSalesforceInput);
You can get more detail information in the talend studio code generate part.

Geek