Four Stars

Using if - else if - else in tMap

DateTimeCreated  (String)                    EnquiryUID   (String)                                                            ChannelId (Integer)                   ClientId (Integer)

2018-07-16 00:56:46                             037CA2E9-3860-4D45-9234-4894BC8F07FA                     229

2018-07-15 23:48:00                             1807158dc9a4a9047142ea8f06                                          296

Requirements:

case 1: If digits 2 to 8 of DateTimeCreated  match digits 0 to 6 of EnquiryUID   and ChannelId is 229 or 296, then ClientId is 0

case 2: If digits 2 to 8 of DateTimeCreated  do not match digits 0 to 6 of EnquiryUID   and ChannelId is 229 or 296, then ClientId is 9

case 3: else ClientId

This is the method in the routine IsGTX_EnquiryUID

public static boolean isGTX (String dateTimeCreated, String EnquiryUID){

String noSpacesDateTimeCreated = dateTimeCreated.replaceAll("\\D", "");

String dateTimeCreatedChar2to8 = StringUtils.substring (noSpacesDateTimeCreated, 2, 8);

String EnquiryUIDFirst6Char = StringUtils.substring(EnquiryUID, 0, 6);

if (dateTimeCreatedChar2to8.equals(EnquiryUIDFirst6Char)) {

return true;

}

else {

return false;

}
}

What I did so far is using the trinary operator in tMap, but it only works on one condition.

row1.ChannelId == 229?( IsGTX_EnquiryUID.isGTX(row1.dateTimeCreated,  row1.enquiryUID)?0 :9):row1.clientId; 

I tries to use if - else if - else in tMap, but it did not worked.

How to do this for 3 different conditions in tMap?

I am using Talend Data Management Platform v6.3.1

5 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

Re: Using if - else if - else in tMap

You can do this with an inline IF condition. As an example, if you have a condition like this....

if(myInValue==1){
      myOutValue = "a";
}else if(myInValue==2){
     myOutValue = "b";
}else if(myInValue==3){
     myOutValue = "c";
}else{
     myOutValue = "z";
}

....you would represent it like this as an in-line IF....

myOutValue = (myInValue==1 ? "a" : myInValue==2 ? "b" : myInValue==3 ? "c" : "z")  
Rilhia Solutions
Employee

Hi,

My suggestion will be to use a tjavarow for complex row level if-else condition operations. Even though you can do the same logic in tmap, you may have to to think about the readability of the conditions also. 

Four Stars

Hi @rhall_2_0,

Your suggestion is good if I have one InValue, but the problem is that I have different requirements. You are suggesting:

myOutValue = (myInValue==1 ? "a" : myInValue==2 ? "b" : myInValue==3 ? "c" : "z")  

I have two inValues

myOutValue = if (myInValueOne==1 || myInValueOne==2) and myInValueTwo ==3 ? "a":"b", else myOutValue;

Four Stars

Thank you, I will check if possible to add a new component in the job.
Fifteen Stars

myOutValue = ((myInValueOne==1 || myInValueOne==2) && myInValueTwo==3 ? "a" :"b")

Your pseudocode IF had an extra ELSE which would never be reached....

if (myInValueOne==1 || myInValueOne==2) and myInValueTwo ==3 ? "a":"b", else myOutValue;

Rilhia Solutions