Four Stars

Using While Loop and subjob with SqlRequest

Hi everyone !

I have a problem with inserting a while loop that would contain a Subjob of data extraction.

My query retrieves records between two dates. I have to add 10 days to a date if my request does not return any records. You have to be able to do it X times before getting out of the loop. If at least one record is returned, I leave the loop.

The idea is to do:

int i;
while (i = 0; i <4; i ++)
{
     \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\subjob//////////////

int nbRow = ((Integer) globalMap.get ("tOracleOutput_2_NB_LINE")). intValue ();

if (nbRow! = 0)
         break;
      else {
               context.DateMax= TalendDate.addDate (context.sDateMax, 10, "dd");
               context.sDateMax= TalendDate.formatDateLocale ("dd-MMM-yyyy hh: mm: ss", context.sDateMax, "EN");
      }
}

Here is my subjob:

While.PNG

Obviously, it doesn't work so...did anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for your time !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ten Stars

Re: Using While Loop and subjob with SqlRequest

The while loop in your Java component will execute in its entirety before moving on to the next subjob.  If you want to control execution of other components, you can use the tLoop component.  Set the Condition setting to a globalMap boolean variable containing false.  A Java component inside the loop can check the conditions and set the globalMap variable to true when you want the loop to end.

2 REPLIES
Ten Stars

The while loop in your Java component will execute in its entirety before moving on to the next subjob.  If you want to control execution of other components, you can use the tLoop component.  Set the Condition setting to a globalMap boolean variable containing false.  A Java component inside the loop can check the conditions and set the globalMap variable to true when you want the loop to end.

Four Stars

Thanks for your quick answer. It works great !