One Star

Using Talend for an ETL (Access to Oracle) project

Hello!
I'm a studient and I want to implement a datawarehouse but I have some problem in the ETL phase.
I'm a beginer in Talend and I want migrate my data in Access to Oracle before doing requiered transformations.
I need some tutorial or help to begin my ETL project in Talend.
Source Database : Access
Target Database : Oracle
thanks!
4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Using Talend for an ETL (Access to Oracle) project

Hello,
That's a quite simple job : tAccessInput -> tOracleOutput
Read carefully TOS Documentation and more precisely the part about this components.
Regards,
One Star

That was very precise.
If you have done that..could you please share any documnetation on how to do the migration?
my requirement is..
Legacy System on MsAccess
New System on Oracle.
New Schema in Oracle is completely different than old schema in MsAccess.
So I need to migrate data from Schema 1 (in Access) to schema 2 in Oracle where Schema 1 NOT EQUAL TO schema 2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Kaushik
Community Manager

Hello Kaushik
So I need to migrate data from Schema 1 (in Access) to schema 2 in Oracle where Schema 1 NOT EQUAL TO schema 2.

You mean you only want to insert the data which don't exist in Oralce into Oracle, right?
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello Kaushik
New Schema in Oracle is completely different than old schema in MsAccess.

That's not a TOS problem, that's problem with ETL process definition. When you have a different schemas, you must define where you get data for filling a target system. If you find a some data, which you need, but not exists in source system, you must define where to get or how to generate. For data, which exists in source system you define transformations.
Print a source and a target schema models, take a pencil and draw lines from source to target tables/columns. After that you start a TOS and paint a job for ETL.