Using Talend Open ESB in a Production Environment

Hi,

A quick question from someone who looking at options.

If we create a new service / API using the Open ESB product can the ESB Runtime still be purchased to host these within a live environment? If not is there a recommended approach to deploying / hosting them to be used in a live environment which can be monitored with alerts if anything fails?

Kind Regards,

Paul

• ESB
4 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Re: Using Talend Open ESB in a Production Environment

Yes. If you produce collateral in the Open Source edition and later want to upgrade to the Enterprise edition, you will be able to migrate your code quite easily. 

Rilhia Solutions

Hi,
Thanks for the reply but I m not convinced I asked the question in the right way.
Basically if I use Open ESB what environment / software do I need to deploy a solution into. i.e. ESB Runtime or is there an open source equivalent?
Nine Stars

Both the Open Source and the Enterprise product use Apache Karaf for the ESB Runtime. The only difference is that in the Enterprise edition you get more integrated into the ESB Runtime (Apache Karaf).

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

For work with community runtime in production, You may need also:

- enable (if not) karaf web-console

- add karaf hawtio plugin for monitoring Java

- add apache decanter with - log collectors and appenders, SLA alarms

- add elasticsearch/logstash/kibana - check old versions for work with runtime

plus of course setup some alarms inside Jobs (Routes)

and may be create few additional Jobs for live ping health of most important Jobs/Routes 

There I also in process, I have working projects and configurations, but continue experiments

-----------