One Star

Using Talend API to make custom ETL tool

I am making a custom GUI for ETL on top of Talend to be used directly by Business Users. I am evaluating capabilities of Talend API for my needs. Basically what I want to ask is:
- From my own java program, can I build a file with JobScript and turn it into a job? Can I turn it into a Job in the enterprise server (TAC)
- From my own java program, can I then compile that Job that I built from JobScript?
- From my own java program, can I remotely request that Job be run as a Distance Run?
- From my own java program, can I remotely request that the Distance Run be killed?
Thanks in advance,
Amisha
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Using Talend API to make custom ETL tool

Hi Amisha
I would say this will be very difficult if you develop the enterprise feature by yourself, because the source codes of applications such as TAC, Job server, Talend commandline which are only available in Talend enterprise product are not open.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Hi Amisha,
What is the complexity of your jobs?
Talend is Code generator, if you can write your code in java, then you can perform all of the said things...
- SSH and Apache ANT would be handy to do this
Vaibhav
One Star

Hi, We have Talend 5.2.2 and I am working on a project that requires us to pull Stripe data using their API (). They provide various options to pull data e.g. Curl, Ruby, Python, Java etc. Please let me know what is the most optimal way to get this data using Talend and the steps involved. 
Thanks. 
Amit