One Star

Using TFileoutputPDF to extract data from SQL server Temp Table

Hello,
I am trying to extract a Temp Table from SQL Server and convert into PDF format. I have tried three approaches:

I tried to simply connect TMSsqlinput component to the TFileoutputPDF component using a main link.
I tried using a tmap between the TMSsqlinput and the TFileoutputPDF in case column mapping was the issue.
I tried to write from TMSsqlinput -> tmap -> TFileoutputExcel (A Process which I have a tested and know works correctly) and then connect to PDF.
None of these processes work, and I get the same error everytime:
 "arithmeticexception: / by 0"

I have not coded anything to divide by 0. I'm relatively new to Talend, so maybe I am missing something basic, but I can't seem to figure this out. Any Help would be greatly appreciated! 
Thanks
3 REPLIES

Re: Using TFileoutputPDF to extract data from SQL server Temp Table

Hi,
Can you get the expected output result without using tFileoutputPDF component?
The tFileoutputPDF component is written by talend community user and shared on talend exchange portal.
Feel free to contact the author directly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Well I can get it as an excel file output, if that's what you mean, but unless there is a built in Talend component that I haven't found which will allow for conversion to a PDF, then no, I can't get it in the correct format.
I will try to contact the author.
Thanks

Hi,
So far, there is no specific component for PDF file in talend.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.