Using Active directory for both Admin center login and SVN

One Star

Using Active directory for both Admin center login and SVN

I currently have the TIS Admin center setup to use Active Directory for my authentication.
I also have SVN setup the same way.
Is it possible to use the same credentials when logging into the Admin center to access SVN?
I want to avoid having to store the SVN username and password in the configuration for each user. Our passwords change every 90 days and this would not be feasible to change them in here every time they change.
I'm pretty sure that this isn't possible in the current system but has anyone else had to deal with something similar or knows of another way to deal with this.
I can think of some minor changes to the system that could make this possible.
1. In the user configuration section add an option to use log in credentials as SVN credentials.
2. As a part of the log in process store the username and password securely in the application and use them for SVN.
You could even just update the user table that stores the SVN log in information with the password on each log in and then the SVN mechanisms would remain the same.
This doesn't do anything for the SVN configuration page or the projects where SVN parameters are needed but those can be minor in comparison to every user, especially those that are just using the studio for development and don't normally log in to the admin center.
Community Manager

Re: Using Active directory for both Admin center login and SVN

Hi
That's true, you have to set the SVN username and password in the configuration for each TAC user now.
Please report your thinking on our bugtracker and discuss with our developers.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business