One Star

User Input for a Date: how to show a date widget?

Hello again,
In a job I am developing, the data to be extracted should be filtered according to a "beginDate" and "endDate", which should be provided by the user.
The job is going to be executed as a DOS batch (i.e. outside TOS) so I don't think I can use the prompt option in the context because
it seems it prompts for the date only INSIDE TOS.
So my best option so far seems to be using 2 tMsgbox at the beginning of my Job, asking for BeginDate and EndDate.
The problem is that inserting a date as a String is very error prone, so I would like to have a date widget instead of a simple text window.
Is there a way to obtain that? Is there anyone which has developed a component for this kind of need or knows a good solution for this?
Thanks in advance for any advice
VindalooMan
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: User Input for a Date: how to show a date widget?

you can use the database function to convert it.
One Star

Yes, I could... and it will be what I will do together with some sanity check in order to check the correctness of the dates
if nothing better will come out
but allow me to point out that it is not what I asked.
The question is: is there a way (a built-in component or something else) in Talend which allows me to ask the user a date, showing him/her a data widget
(i.e. a calendar like those you can see in any booking web page).
VindalooMan
One Star

Hi,
To have a date input dialog I think you need to create your own tMsgBox component with an alternative date entering possibility. Maybe someone already made this component, but I couldn't find it in the Talend Exchange.
I think it's not that difficult, it's just that I don't have the time to do it right now.
Regards,
Arno
One Star

Can you explain that?