Use tContextLoad and tRunJob

One Star

Use tContextLoad and tRunJob

Is there a way to load a context in a job having many tRunJobs in it so the sub-jobs has access to the context? I want to avoid loading the context in each separate job. I even attempted to create a job that only loads the content and added it to the master job (the one that only has the sub-jobs to have a big picture of the process0
Thanks in advance!
Kind of related to: 1238
One Star

Re: Use tContextLoad and tRunJob

I'm not sure I get exactly to your point, but here is how I proceed : the tRunJob has a feature allowing you to pass context parameters to your subjob
So if your master job loads once the context you need and then passes the values to your subjobs it should be ok
The only issue I see is that you have to specifiy all the context values one by one to each subjob
And there is also a limitation : you cannot use a subjob to set a context value and use this value in your master job or in another subjob, it goes one-way only
Hth
One Star

What's the feature you talk about (tRunJob)? How do i use it? WHere I set it?
Thanks in advance!
One Star

Well I work with java projects and in the palette you have the tRunJob component in the 'System' family
It needs to know what job to run, with which context and then you can redefine context values provided they exist in the subjob default context
And then when you export your job scripts the subjobs come along with their context
Employee

The only issue I see is that you have to specifiy all the context values one by one to each subjob

1884 should solve this problem as fast as possible :-)
And there is also a limitation : you cannot use a subjob to set a context value and use this value in your master job or in another subjob, it goes one-way only

Well, you may see this as a "limitation", I personnaly don't. If you really want a child job to change the context of its father, you'll have to use tContextDump (1717) in the child and a tContextLoad in the father.
Note: in TOS, sub-job does not mean the same as a child job. When talking about tRunJob, we're usually talking about child jobs :-)
One Star

Thanks for your enlightenings !
One Star

1884 should solve this problem as fast as possible :-)

About this feature that was fixed, I think it's only available for Perl language, isn't it?
Is it possibe develop the same feature for Java language?
(the feature is around pass the context from father to childs jobs)
Thanks
Employee

Is it possibe develop the same feature for Java language?