One Star

Usage of tMSSqlSCD component

Hi everyone,
I need to read from a SQL Server only changed rows. I red that tMsSqlSCD is the right component but I don't know how configure it.
Could you help me please?
Thks
Gisella
8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Usage of tMSSqlSCD component

Hello
About SCD(Slowly changing dimension), you could read an introduction. About tMsSqlSCD, please read the user documentation, there is a demo on tMySQLSCD part.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks shong!
But now I have one other problem.
I have some fields that contains spaces or number in the field name: for example "Search Description" is a field name or "Vendor Item No_" or "4x4".
This kind of names causes compliation problems in talend. But if I try to change it I have SQLException in insert/update phase.
How can I resolve that?
Community Manager

Hello
for example "Search Description" is a field name or "Vendor Item No_" or "4x4".

When i look into the generated code, i see some code like:
    class SCDStruct_tMysqlSCD_1 {
private Integer 4x4;
private String f f;
}

The string is invalid in Java if the column name contains some space or starts with digit. So, please report a bug on our bugtrack, we need handle the special characters first.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I am having problems with SCD components. Please explain me in detail what is this components all about and how to incorporate this 'tmssqLSCD' or SCD in job design.
Four Stars

I have the same issue - SCD  component does not work for tables which have spaces in column names. I use version 6.4.1. I see that the first post is from year 2009 and now it is year 2018, so I do not know if it appropriate to ask for help of a fix. I will come back to celebrate 10 year anniversary of this issue.

Six Stars

do this [column with space]

Four Stars

This is a topic about tMSSqlSCD in Talend Open Studio, so DO THIS: please reply about the issue in question and not some unrelated matter.

Six Stars

I will do this [IGNORE] you're probably using type 4