Five Stars

Usage of Saleforce Columns in Talend Edit Schema.

As per our requirement we have a salesforce column name ("account.ID") but while passing the column name in the edit schema of tSalesforceInput component its showing error as Talend is not accepting (".") in the column name ("account.ID"). This also creates a problem while adding the column dynamically. Please help me in this regards.

Thanks,

Anubhab Das

5 REPLIES
Seven Stars

Re: Usage of Saleforce Columns in Talend Edit Schema.

Hi,

column name should not be account.id.

Field name - id

Table name - account

in Schema field name should be id not account.id. have a look in below screenshot.

Module is account

Schema(field names) is from repository account schema.

so salesforce run the query as module.fieldname and retrieve data for to Talend.

Image result for tsalesforceinput

Thanks,
Sid
Mark as solution if this resolved your issue

Hello,

Talend Studio is a Java code generator, a Talend job will be translated to a Java Class, a column on the schema will be a variable in the class, a variable with comma or special character is not allowed in Java.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

I suppoose you have wrote the soql query by yourself, then replace the "." by an "_" in the schema. Remember in such a case your query cannot cross more than 2 level at once.

TRF
Five Stars

Thanks for the reply , but the problem i am facing is while dynamically allocation of columns in edit schema , if more than 200 columns are there i need to manually insert them as there is a dot special character in the query. Can you suggest a method to dynamically allocate column in tSalesforceinput component ?

Thanks,

Anubhab Das

Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Nothing lagic, you need to do it manually. If you are able to generate the appropriate header in a csv file, you may also generate the schema using "create csv" from the repository, then, when the schema is displayed, copy it then past it in the tSalesforceInput component.

TRF