Upgrade a JDBC Driver

One Star

Upgrade a JDBC Driver

After installation of Talend Open Studio 6.2/6.3 PostgreSQL  V9.4  configuration uses driver postgresql-9.4-1201.jdbc41.jar.  PostgreSQL recommends using postgresql-9.4.1212.jar for java 1.8 environment.
It is easy to change the driver in the job for delivery but I didn’t find a way to change it in Open Studio workbench.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Regards Dirk 

Re: Upgrade a JDBC Driver

Hi,
The driver files are in the maven repository. Check you own repository (user-home/.m2/repositories/org/talend/libraries/)
Could you please try to rename your new .jar file with the old one(rename postgresql-9.4.1212.jar as postgresql-9.4-1201.jdbc41.jar) and restart your studio to see if it works?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

I am currently working on an update and will suggest Talend this. In this update is also included the latest JDBC driver.
But for now: Please try to load the recent driver with tLibraryLoad at the earliest possible time in your job.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
this works, thanks a lot.
In my Windows installation the repository is located in
<talend home>\configuration\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries\
Is it planned to provide a function for this in future releases?
Regards Dirk
Seventeen Stars

Poisoning the maven is a very ugly solution and will not work in the enterprise release.
I cannot hardly imagine, Talend will provide such a function to "tweak" the maven this way. It violates a clean software engineering.

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion. Feel free to create a new feature/work item jira issue on talend bug tracker.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Join us live for a sneak peek!

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch