One Star

Updating Talend routines to connect to Salesforce with TLS1.1

Hi,
I have built routines with Talend 5.6 which properly connect to Salesforce and have been in use for some months.
Salesforce is discontinuing support for TLS 1.0 and I heard that I would need Talend 6 + Java 8 to get TLS 1.1.
I installed Java 8 and Talend 6 and imported my routines, but I think they're still using TLS 1.0. Salesforce suggests connecting to tls1test.salesforce.com to test. If you get an invalid password error, then you've connected OK. If you get another error (I get Handshake_failure), then you're not connecting with TLS1.1.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Mark
4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Updating Talend routines to connect to Salesforce with TLS1.1

I tested with java8 and Talend6 and I can ensure you it works with java8 (while not working with java7). Can you send the error you have?
One Star

Re: Updating Talend routines to connect to Salesforce with TLS1.1

Thanks for your reply.
I set the WebService url to:  https://tls1test.salesforce. c o m/services/Soap/u/29.0 per the instructions in the Salesforce Article on TLS 1.1 (https://salesforce. c o m/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=Salesforce-disabling-TLS-1-0)

When I test login, I get the error in the attached screenshot.


Following is a snip from the web page linked above:

If you see an error message that resembles the following: "INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out." or “Content is not allowed in prolog.”, then this test passed and your integration works with either TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.

1.1.The presence of this response means that the underlying TLS connection was successful, despite the higher-level error. The TLS connection is the focus of this test.
2.If you instead see an error message that involves TLS or HTTPS, then the test has failed. Your API client will require adjustments or upgrades to operate properly with Salesforce, when Salesforce deactivates TLS 1.0.
                                                
One Star

Re: Updating Talend routines to connect to Salesforce with TLS1.1

Sorry, having problems posting urls and uploading screenshots. Here is a link, please remove spaces Smiley Happy
http://relationshipautomation. c o m /tls.png
One Star

Re: Updating Talend routines to connect to Salesforce with TLS1.1

This is now resolved.
I think my system was still using Java 7. My solution was to uninstall Java 7 and Java 8 and Talend, then reinstall Java 8 and Talend.
I am now able to confirm connect to Salesforce via TLS.