Update on Oracle Database best way & General Questions on data Translation

Four Stars

Update on Oracle Database best way & General Questions on data Translation

Morning - 

My name is Jeb & I am new to Talend. I did Informatica for 10 yrs and now working for small company and we are sub-contracting for a company who won a state (RI) contract & needed someone to do Oracle SQL.  Now they want us to do a little Talend & I got selected.  Actually gotten little information  from  State as to what is behind the curtain, except I have to feed new design Web file input into a Legacy Oracle database. I have gone thru the Tutorial here and got the basics. 

I have several questions and would appreciate some feedback.

To be a vendor with the State of RI the company fills in a screen (HTML pgm) and the data gets loaded to an Oracle database record. I have not got a logon with the State & dataflows are non-existant, We are told they do it using Talend, but have not seen it.

This new company is doing a Web based and I need to add/update the vendor to the Oracle Database. I have been looking solutions & would like feedback on best Update/Add for Oracle Database update (tETLOracle etc).  I have seen to determine if add/Update this SQL (Select Count(*)  from db using key if count > 0) and then routing to Add or Update componet depending on results answer.  Best way/Better way?

Another question - translation of data ie. Female Owned Company question is Checkbox - where would I translate the "X" to a  0/1 or Y/N to load to the database field - have not seen it in tutorials.

Was told by Talend sales rep a lot of good Youtube videos on Talend - any suggestions on a good one to watch.

Hoping all I have to do is accept new input from Web and feed thru existing Talend program as backend Oracle DB not changing, as far as I know.

Thanks you for your help -- Jeb

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads