Five Stars

Update Jar in tLibraryLoad component

Hello,

I have written a Java code in Eclipse, created a jar of it and in Talend tLibraryLoad component I am pointing to that JAR file. to pick it up and continue with further processing in the job.

The issue is whenever I make changes in my Java code I create new JAR with the same name at the same location(i.e. Replacing existing file). But in tLibraryLoad every time I have to open the component and select same modified JAR file in order to make sure that new changes take effect.  

So is there a way, such that tLibraryLoad will internally understand that this is same JAR file with changed timestamp and let's point to that now.

• Data Integration
3 REPLIES

Re: Update Jar in tLibraryLoad component

Hi,

Which is talend build version you are using? Could you please upload the Basic & Advanced Settings screenshot of your tLibraryLoad component into forum?

Best regards

Sabrina

Five Stars

Hello,

Talend version is 6.3.1 and Below are the attached pics of the tLibraryLoad component. In advanced settings, I am simply calling import statements of my .class files which are in JAR.

img1.jpgimg2.jpg

Ten Stars

Unfortunately I think you will have to carry on with what you are doing (ie deleting your tLibraryLoad, recreating it and reselecting your Jar). I came across this "feature" on 6.2.1 last night while doing something very similar. I believe this is because the component actually takes a copy of your Jar, locates it elsewhere and refers to the copy. I *believe* the location Talend moves the Jar to is....

..\workspace\.Java\lib

You could try just replacing the Jar in this location I guess.

Rilhia Solutions