One Star

Unresolved compilation problem: Invalid escape sequence

I'm getting the following error when running a simple job from a tGreenplumInput to a tMSSQLOutput... the schema mapping has been completed, and this job runs without error in TOS 5.2.2 however, I continually get this error during compilation using TOS 5.4.x Does anyone know if this is a known bug?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Invalid escape sequence (valid ones are \b \t \n \f \r \" \' \\ )
at chatinfotos.w_resc_ref_role_tbl_0_1.w_resc_ref_role_tbl.tGreenplumInput_1Process(w_resc_ref_role_tbl.java:1110)
at chatinfotos.w_resc_ref_role_tbl_0_1.w_resc_ref_role_tbl.runJobInTOS(w_resc_ref_role_tbl.java:2447)
at chatinfotos.w_resc_ref_role_tbl_0_1.w_resc_ref_role_tbl.main(w_resc_ref_role_tbl.java:2312)
Job w_resc_ref_role_tbl ended at 13:29 27/02/2014.
3 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Unresolved compilation problem: Invalid escape sequence

hard to say. The message tells us you use a backslash following an char what is not allowed.
To find the problem I would need the job and would take a look into the generated source code from the job.
Probably you could post the code from the method mentioned in the error message.
One Star

Hello, I have the same problem with escape sequences, but I found the error and try changing "\". and I do not get anything

Hi carlos c.,
You must use windows authentication to make connection for your sql server DB?
If so, you need put ntlmauth.dll (library for windows authentication)into
c:\windows\system32 and<Talend Studio install dir>/.
Restart talend product.
Create a DB connections, user and password do not need to fill out, you only have to fill in the database server machines.
See my screenshot
Feel free let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.