Unloading mainframe data

One Star

Unloading mainframe data

Hello,
I would like to unload mainframe data (OS/390 or z/OS) from the following sources into standard ASCII text files
- VSAM/QSAM
- Adabas
- Supra
- DB2
What's the best approach? I don't believe there is a standard Talend component available for this so are there any third party software that are known to work well with Talend to do the job?
Thanks
Alain

Re: Unloading mainframe data

Hi,
For Mainframe COPYBOOK file format, talend provide a dedicated Mapping solution named Talend Data Mapper which comes with a tHMap component.
Could you please take a look at this document:https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=talend+data+mapper+user+guide?content-lang=en?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for making me aware of this product.
TDM seems to be able to address some of the complexities decoding COBOL copybooks such as OCCURS and REDEFINES (although it does not explain in depths how to do it) but how do you manage the connectivity between Talend that is Java/JDBC/ASCII-based and EBCDIC-based mainframes? 
Are there any dedicated connectors for those sources (Adabas, Supra, DB2 and VSAM) that can pump data straight out from the mainframes which Talend Data Integration/TDM can leverage?
Kind regards,
Alain
Twelve Stars

Are there any dedicated connectors for those sources (Adabas, Supra, DB2 and VSAM) that can pump data straight out from the mainframes which Talend Data Integration/TDM can leverage?
Kind regards,
Alain

DB2 - possible to access direct
we use Talend for load data from/to AS400
with DB2for other system - You need check Your IBM support for download JDBC drivers
-----------