One Star

Unexpected EOF in prolog error with tRESTclient

I have created a simple job using the tRESTclient to call a RESTful service from OpenL Tablets. The job appears to execute and does call the OpenL service, but the following message is displayed in the error flow to tLogRow:
Starting job OpenL_Test at 14:20 08/04/2015.

connecting to socket on port 3633
connected
400|WebApplicationException has been caught, status: 400, message: Unexpected EOF in prolog
 at :
disconnected
Job OpenL_Test ended at 14:20 08/04/2015.

I checked the log file for the REST service and see the following error message:
14:20:15,728  WARN  (org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper.java:73) - javax.ws.rs.BadRequestException: HTTP 400 Bad Request

I am not sure if the issue is caused by how the tRESTclient formats the service request. (I can't see what the actual request looks like.)
Has anyone else seen a similar "Unexpected EOF in prolog" error with the tRESTclient? If so, I'd like to know how you fixed the issue. Thank you.
Environment Notes
-------------------

Talend Open Studio v5.3.2
OpenL Tablets Web Services 5.14.0
Apache Tomcat v.8.0.20
Java 1.7.0_60
3 REPLIES

Re: Unexpected EOF in prolog error with tRESTclient

Hi,
Can you take a try to use tREST instead of tRESTClient to see if it is working?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
I tried tREST and using the POST method, I get an HTTP 415 error. tLog shows:
Starting job OpenL_Test at 15:45 08/04/2015.
 connecting to socket on port 3555
connected
disconnected
Job OpenL_Test ended at 15:45 08/04/2015.

The Tomcat log shows:
15:45:45,297  WARN  (org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.java:522) - No operation matching request path "/openl-tablets-ws-5.14.0/REST/openl_tomcat_8/bmcg/Greeting1" is found, Relative Path: /Greeting1, HTTP Method: POST, ContentType: text/plain, Accept: text/html,image/gif,image/jpeg,*/*;q=.2,*/*;q=.2,. Please enable FINE/TRACE log level for more details.
15:45:45,299 WARN  (org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper.java:73) - javax.ws.rs.ClientErrorException: HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type

After that I decided to try an HTTP PUT (instead of POST) to see what happens.  tLog shows an HTTP 405 error:
Starting job OpenL_Test at 15:47 08/04/2015.

connecting to socket on port 3425
connected
disconnected
Job OpenL_Test ended at 15:47 08/04/2015.

and the Tomcat log shows:
15:47:44,736  WARN  (org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.java:522) - No operation matching request path "/openl-tablets-ws-5.14.0/REST/openl_tomcat_8/bmcg/Greeting1" is found, Relative Path: /Greeting1, HTTP Method: PUT, ContentType: text/plain, Accept: text/html,image/gif,image/jpeg,*/*;q=.2,*/*;q=.2,. Please enable FINE/TRACE log level for more details.
15:47:44,737 WARN  (org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper.java:73) - javax.ws.rs.ClientErrorException: HTTP 405 Method Not Allowed

I am not sure if "javax.ws.rs.ClientErrorException: HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type" exception is thrown because of a configuration error with tREST component or if there is an issue with the way the OpenL web service implements the javax lib. 

Seventeen Stars

hi,
look like Path is not found first
 No operation matching request path

And Content type not supported
Relative Path: /Greeting1, HTTP Method: PUT, ContentType: text/plain,

Did you put json or xml has content-type ??
did you try to request with a solution like soaui & check rest request ? (outside Talend)
regards