Four Stars

Unable to retrieve schemas from altibase-DB connection

Hi~ 

I am an ETL developer developing Altibase DB and interworking.

Altibase is a memory DB and I want to work with TOS DI 7.1 version.(http://altibase.com/)

Since there is no DBMS provided in TOS DI, connection is made with JDBC and basic CRUD is also successful.

However, when I create an Altibase meta DB (connection succeeded) and retrieve the schema, the following error occurs.

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2018-08-07 09:53:55.874
!MESSAGE 2018-08-07 09:53:55,873 ERROR org.talend.metadata.managment.model.DBConnectionFillerImpl - java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument: Table type: <TABLE | SYSTEM TABLE | VIEW | SYSTEM VIEW | MATERIALIZED VIEW | QUEUE | SYNONYM | SEQUENCE> expected, but <EXTERNAL TABLE>

!STACK 0
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument: Table type: <TABLE | SYSTEM TABLE | VIEW | SYSTEM VIEW | MATERIALIZED VIEW | QUEUE | SYNONYM | SEQUENCE> expected, but <EXTERNAL TABLE>
at Altibase.jdbc.driver.ex.Error.throwSQLExceptionInternal(Error.java:187)
at Altibase.jdbc.driver.ex.Error.throwSQLException(Error.java:181)
at Altibase.jdbc.driver.AltibaseDatabaseMetaData.checkTableTypes(AltibaseDatabaseMetaData.java:789)
<attach file >

I have confirmed that JDBC driver provided here (Alitabase) is good for various DBMS work tools.
(DBeaver, etc.)

I would like to know if this error should be corrected in Talend or Altibase.
Altibase supports the SQL / 92 standard.

thank you

1 REPLY

Re: Unable to retrieve schemas from altibase-DB connection

Hello,

Referring to this online document about:TalendHelpCenter: Supported systems, databases and business applications by Talend components, Altibase DB is not list in the supported DB table.

In the documentation we provide a list of databases that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) databases will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.