Unable to retrieve schemas from altibase-DB connection

Four Stars

Unable to retrieve schemas from altibase-DB connection

Hi~ 

I am an ETL developer developing Altibase DB and interworking.

Altibase is a memory DB and I want to work with TOS DI 7.1 version.(http://altibase.com/)

Since there is no DBMS provided in TOS DI, connection is made with JDBC and basic CRUD is also successful.

However, when I create an Altibase meta DB (connection succeeded) and retrieve the schema, the following error occurs.

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2018-08-07 09:53:55.874
!MESSAGE 2018-08-07 09:53:55,873 ERROR org.talend.metadata.managment.model.DBConnectionFillerImpl - java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument: Table type: <TABLE | SYSTEM TABLE | VIEW | SYSTEM VIEW | MATERIALIZED VIEW | QUEUE | SYNONYM | SEQUENCE> expected, but <EXTERNAL TABLE>

!STACK 0
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument: Table type: <TABLE | SYSTEM TABLE | VIEW | SYSTEM VIEW | MATERIALIZED VIEW | QUEUE | SYNONYM | SEQUENCE> expected, but <EXTERNAL TABLE>
at Altibase.jdbc.driver.ex.Error.throwSQLExceptionInternal(Error.java:187)
at Altibase.jdbc.driver.ex.Error.throwSQLException(Error.java:181)
at Altibase.jdbc.driver.AltibaseDatabaseMetaData.checkTableTypes(AltibaseDatabaseMetaData.java:789)
<attach file >

I have confirmed that JDBC driver provided here (Alitabase) is good for various DBMS work tools.
(DBeaver, etc.)

I would like to know if this error should be corrected in Talend or Altibase.
Altibase supports the SQL / 92 standard.

thank you

Re: Unable to retrieve schemas from altibase-DB connection

Hello,

Referring to this online document about:TalendHelpCenter: Supported systems, databases and business applications by Talend components, Altibase DB is not list in the supported DB table.

In the documentation we provide a list of databases that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) databases will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch