Four Stars

Unable to retrieve schema on mongodb

I made a local copy of my live development environment to test Talend as an ETL tool for Mongodb->Mysql. It's been several years since I last used Talend but everything seems to be generally the same. I followed the instructions from this article https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=251330705 but when I right click to retrieve schema, i get nothing. It's blank. All my connections test as valid, and everything is localhost so I don't think there's a connection issue. My mongodb localhost replication is running fine, I can query it locally with no issue. What could I be missing?

schema.PNGtalend.PNG

• Big Data
  • Data Integration
  • Sandbox
4 REPLIES

Re: Unable to retrieve schema on mongodb

Hi,

Could you please indicate which talend build version you are using? What's Mongo DB version you are using? More information will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I am on Talend 6.3.1 and Mongo 3.4.2

One Star

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue with mongodb 3.4.
I managed to create the schema manually and it worked, but I really don't want to do this for each collection in our db.
I've read that talend supports mongodb up to version 3.2, but is there any future plans to support 3.4 and if so, any idea when it will happen?
a side note: we currently checking talend as the ETL tool for our project and the support of mongodb 3.4 is essential for us

Hello,

Could you please take a look at this document about TalendHelpCenter: Supported systems, databases and business applications by Talend components for 6.3.

Is it OK with you when use V 6.4?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.