Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

Unable to open existing project

Hi,

I'm currently unable to open an existing project.

This gives me the following error (message from log file):

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2017-09-22 19:45:06.721
!MESSAGE 2017-09-22 19:45:06,717 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler -

!STACK 0
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.FileItemImpl.eResolveProxy(FileItemImpl.java:346)
at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.FileItemImpl.getContent(FileItemImpl.java:159)
at org.talend.core.repository.utils.RoutineUtils.changeRoutinesPackage(RoutineUtils.java:45)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.changeRoutinesPackage(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3157)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3143)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1891)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper$1.run(LoginHelper.java:441)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

I can still open other projects wthin the same Studio installation.

I use TOS DI Community version 6.4.1.20170623_1246 on Windows 10 with Java 1.8.0_91-b15.

@xdshi, I've try the solution you mentioned here https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28900 but get the following messages where trying to import the items from the corrupted project into an other which is still available:

Capture.PNG

Any idea to solve this issue should be welcome!

Regards.

TRF
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Eleven Stars

Re: Unable to open existing project

Before you try any of this, take a backup of your project folder....maybe even your workspace. I've had something similar to this before and it was caused by a corrupted talend.project file in my project folder within my workspace. This is basically made up of UUIDs to Talend artefacts. If you look in here and compare to your .item and .properties files, it doesn't take too long to figure out how this is all linked together....but edit it at your peril.....or at least take backups first.

What it sounds like has happened is that either your project file has disappeared, been corrupted or your jobs are somehow not referenced in there. I managed to work out what was missing in mine and manually re-add it to fix my issue. Once I fixed it, I exported everything and loaded it into a new project. 

Hope that points you in the right direction. But I can't reiterate this enough....take a backup before playing around with this.

Rilhia Solutions
Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

I finally solved this problem with no headache Smiley Very Happy

Here is the whole story.

After reading carefully the message displayed when trying to import the items from the "corrupted" project into an other project, I've copied the talend.project file from the corrupted project into its process folder which allowed me to import the items successfully into an other project of the same TOS installation.

At this point, I've:

- exported the desired items from the intermediate project

- deleted the "corrupted" project from the Studio

- re created the project and connected myself to this project

- imported the items with success.

That's all.

TRF
4 REPLIES
Eleven Stars

Before you try any of this, take a backup of your project folder....maybe even your workspace. I've had something similar to this before and it was caused by a corrupted talend.project file in my project folder within my workspace. This is basically made up of UUIDs to Talend artefacts. If you look in here and compare to your .item and .properties files, it doesn't take too long to figure out how this is all linked together....but edit it at your peril.....or at least take backups first.

What it sounds like has happened is that either your project file has disappeared, been corrupted or your jobs are somehow not referenced in there. I managed to work out what was missing in mine and manually re-add it to fix my issue. Once I fixed it, I exported everything and loaded it into a new project. 

Hope that points you in the right direction. But I can't reiterate this enough....take a backup before playing around with this.

Rilhia Solutions
Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

Thank's Richard, I'll try this tomorrow and let you know as soon as possible.

TRF
Eleven Stars TRF
Eleven Stars

I finally solved this problem with no headache Smiley Very Happy

Here is the whole story.

After reading carefully the message displayed when trying to import the items from the "corrupted" project into an other project, I've copied the talend.project file from the corrupted project into its process folder which allowed me to import the items successfully into an other project of the same TOS installation.

At this point, I've:

- exported the desired items from the intermediate project

- deleted the "corrupted" project from the Studio

- re created the project and connected myself to this project

- imported the items with success.

That's all.

TRF

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your whole story with us, which will be helpful for us.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.