Unable to locate executable jre 1.8 1.1.0_161

Two Stars

Unable to locate executable jre 1.8 1.1.0_161

hey everyone. Im using open studio v6.5 on windows 10. I'm getting this error all of the sudden. Before this error showed up the job was running fine. Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks

Akhil

Re: Unable to locate executable jre 1.8 1.1.0_161

Hello,

Ensure proper version of JDK is installed. JDK is not needed to run job especially in the studio, but needed to export the job.

If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached. Could you please type java -version in your cmd to see if your java environment is set correctly?

Is there any more error message in log?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I'm having a similar problem, only it says "Unable to locate executable jre 1.8.0_131" and I am running jre 1.8.0_181.

Do I need to install an older version of Java Runtime Environment so that it is version 1.8.0_131?

Thanks,

Parker Stearns

Hello,

Are your JDK environment variables set correctly?

Could you please create and configure System Environment variables in Windows instance/machine like below:
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_xxx
PATH=JAVA_HOME%\bin
Please restart Studio to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Thanks for the quick reply,

I edited the System Environment Variables, but that didn't work.

So I went into Preferences > Java > Installed JREs and from there changed the Installed JRE to 171 instead of 131. After restarting Studio, it was working.

Thanks,

Parker Stearns

Hello,

Great this issue is fixed. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina

--