One Star

Unable to load tables from Hive to talend.

I have tried establishing a connection between hdfs & hive. Already loaded tables in hdfs... But when I am trying to load those same tables from hdfs to hive.. it is giving exception that those files not found in hdfs.... although they are present there...
(This is one of the job from Big Data demo project -- Hive Load tables.)
5 REPLIES

Re: Unable to load tables from Hive to talend.

Hi,
I have tried establishing a connection between hdfs & hive. Already loaded tables in hdfs... But when I am trying to load those same tables from hdfs to hive.. it is giving exception that those files not found in hdfs.... although they are present there...

1: Make sure there are files in HDF, indeed. You can use tHDFSinput-->tlogrow to read it or browser 50070 to check it.
2: What's your Hadoop version?
3: What's your load statement of hive?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
My files are already in hdfs.
Version : Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.4.0

My Hive load query is : "LOAD DATA INPATH '<hdfs path here>' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE <table name existing in hive>"
One Star

Hi,

1: Make sure there are files in HDF, indeed. You can use tHDFSinput-->tlogrow to read it or browser 50070 to check it.
2: What's your Hadoop version?
3: What's your load statement of hive?
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi,
My files are already in hdfs.
Version : Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.4.0

My Hive load query is : "LOAD DATA INPATH '<hdfs path here>' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE <table name existing in hive>"
Employee

Hi,
Do you use the embedded mode or the standalone mode for Hive?
One Star

Hi,
Do you use the embedded mode or the standalone mode for Hive?

hi..
Its standalone..