Five Stars

Unable to load data into Target table from tMap

Hi,

I am trying to extract data from greenplum database and loading the data to a oracle database by using tMap.

though the data is being moved from source to tMap but not being loaded to target table.

The job is being successful but 0 rows are being loaded to target table.

i have attached the screen shots below.

Can anyone suggest me what can be the issue.

Thanks.Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Re: Unable to load data into Target table from tMap

Hi,

Review the filter defined for copyOfOutput6.

What do you expect with it?

If you want to filter input rows, use the filter on the input flow (activate expression filter for row2 in the tMap).

TRF
Five Stars

Hi TRF,

Thanks for reply.

By that expression i want to filter out the rows in which the part_number is null.

except those rows rest all the data need to be loaded in target table.

Thank you.

Ten Stars

The filter expression should return a boolean value only. If you only want to output rows where part number is non-null, the expression would be:
row2.part_number != null
Five Stars

i have tried that also.

but its showing error that string cannot be converted to Boolean.

this is the only expression where i am not getting any error.

but i think this expression is to pass the data who has null value in part_number.

that is why no data is being loaded.

but i want to pass the data who don't have null value.

can you please suggest what can be the expression ?

thank you

Ten Stars

Your original expression would cause that error because one of the output cases is: ""

An empty string is not a boolean. Your expression must return only boolean values. If your intent is to filter out records where part_number is null, then the expression "row2.part_number != null" will suffice. If you also want to filter out rows where part_number is an empty string, you can use "row2.part_number.isEmpty()" instead.
Five Stars

I have tried both the expression you have suggested.

still same problem, though the data is being passed from source to tMap but unable to get loaded in Target table.

Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Remove any filter from tMap and add à tFilterRow before it. That's the simplest way if you have some difficult with expression filter in tMap.

TRF
Five Stars

I have tried using tFilter as well.

the data being passed from filter being filtered to the tMap, but no data being loaded to Target as before.

Ten Stars

You are still trying to filter on part_number, correct? Your data source appears to be a database. Can you add a WHERE clause to the query in your database input component to filter the records you want to exclude? That would let you drop the filters from the Talend job and just pass through all the records you receive.
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

What @cterenzi proposed is the best solution in this case. However, it seems there is something wrong in your filter and solving it should be usefull for the case where you can't filter from the database.

TRF