Unable to get tFileInputCOBOL with Talend 5.2 DI

Unable to get tFileInputCOBOL with Talend 5.2 DI

Hi,
I have downloaded Talend 5.2 community edition and trying to search tFileInputCOBOL component
which is mentioned on " http://code.google.com/p/legstar-tos/wiki/GetStarted "
Please let me know from were i need to download this component .
Thanks,
Gautam

Re: Unable to get tFileInputCOBOL with Talend 5.2 DI

Hi,
The component -tFileInputCOBOL neither is talend component nor is custom component. You cannot find it both in Talend 5.2 community edition and Talend Enterprise Studio. I have viewed the link you providedhttp://code.google.com/p/legstar-tos/wiki/GetStarted and found that "Legstar-tos provides a component called tFileInputCOBOL that allows you to read that file and translate the content so that other Talend components can use it.
In order to use this component, you first need to generate LegStar COBOL Transformers. " Legstar-tos may be partner of talend.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

I guess he means read EBCDIC files because i does not make sense to read COBOL because COBOL is a programming language and the related data files are VSAM files or EBCDIC files.
For EBCDIC Talend DataIntegration contains a very useful component tFileInputEBCDIC. To use it you need a Copybook file to let the component known about the structure of the EBCDIC file. This copybook file is indeed a COBOL program.
By the way, this post is in the wrong category!
Four Stars

actually i found this component & we need to add this into our talend environment.
for use this component we need to generate .jar files with help of eclipse.
actually i am trying this but unable to generate .jar file.
if you have thought on this please reply
One Star

Seventeen Stars

the tFileInputEBCDIC component is part of all DI releases and it is not necessary to have some additional jar files (or to build additional jar files).