One Star

Unable to extract data from Salesforce.com. Error SLF4J

I am new to talend and Salesforce but I am not new to developing jobs using an ETL tool.  I was trying to setup a simple job to extract account data from Salesforce.com but keep getting the following error.

Starting job testSalesForce at 12:03 06/06/2016.
connecting to socket on port 4010
connected
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See  for further details.
Exception in component tSalesforceInput_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Failed to send request to
at imris_test.testsalesforce_0_1.testSalesForce.tSalesforceInput_1Process(testSalesForce.java:1225)
at imris_test.testsalesforce_0_1.testSalesForce.runJobInTOS(testSalesForce.java:2212)
at imris_test.testsalesforce_0_1.testSalesForce.main(testSalesForce.java:2069)
disconnected
Job testSalesForce ended at 12:04 06/06/2016.

Setup:
Talend 6.2.0.20160510_1709
Java 1.8.0_91
Connection to the following URL tested succssfully:
https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/34.0
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Unable to extract data from Salesforce.com. Error SLF4J

Hi,
Same setup and same error here, no exception though.

SLF4J is a bit of a jerk when it comes to loading without errors. The errors above should not prevent anything from working except the more advanced features of SLF4J. Looking at your exception, re-check your connection parameters -- you may want to print them out prior to making a connection attempt to see what they are at that point. 

SLF4J is a bit of a jerk when it comes to loading without errors. The errors above should not prevent anything from working except the more advanced features of SLF4J. Looking at your exception, re-check your connection parameters -- you may want to print them out prior to making a connection attempt to see what they are at that point. 
One Star

You're right, that warning doesn't prevent the job job to complete. A bit annoying though, as it'll uselessly trigger the debug perspective. Thanks.
One Star

Thanks for the replies. 
Unfortunately, the job does not complete successfully and no data is added to my text file.  
exit code=1  From what I've read, this indicates a failure.
As far as the connection goes, it must be working since I was able to successfully test the connection and I was able to get all the fields for the Account and Contact tables.  
The message seems to tell me that the request was not successfully sent.
Before I go any further.  I'm using the Talend Open Studio for Data Integration and do not have an enterprise subscriptions.  Are there restrictions on the type of transactions that can be done with the free version?
One Star

Any clues?  I'm still getting the error and no data is extracted.
One Star

Hi Everyone ,
Norman are you still seeing the same issue ...could you please update me if there was any fix for this.
Thanks,
Sandeep
One Star

This issue was never resolved and we have moved on to another ETL platform.