Unable to execute HTTP request for AWS S3 Deletion

Highlighted
Six Stars

Unable to execute HTTP request for AWS S3 Deletion

Our company has recently rolled out new machines for all developers. I was previously using a Linux-based machine (openSUSE), and now I am on Windows 10.

Since I moved over I am getting an error when I run a job in Talend this seems to be the main part of it:

"Unable to execute HTTP request: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed"

It is trying to connect to an AWS S3 drive and delete a file on there.

Community Manager

Re: Unable to execute HTTP request for AWS S3 Deletion

Hi
Does the job work on your Linux machine? For debugging, can you please check the 'die on error' option on tS3Delete and upload the full error messages?

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

Yes, I can also upload the job to TAC and run it from there, it seems to be only on this specific machine.

I guess that would make it an issue our system administrators can fix, I have opened a ticket with them but I thought I would ask here in case anyone had any experience or advice with this issue.

Thanks.
Seven Stars

This looks like an SSL authentication issue. I think your java keystore doesn't have the certificate required for calling the AWS apis. Maybe try upgrading your java version and try again. 

Six Stars

I believe I have already installed the latest JDK:

talend_java_version.PNG

I've also found that I can (with no issues) run another job that reads and writes on the redshift database we have on the same account as the S3 drive. It seems to just have difficulty with performing S3-based actions specifically.

Seven Stars

Well, The S3 component interacts with the AWS S3 Rest API to list, get or upload files. This requires SSL authentication which could be why you are seeing this issue with respect to S3 alone and not with Redshift.

We had a similar issue with Google cloud storage components in Talend and for us the problem was because the java keystore did not have the correct certificate required to make these REST calls to the cloud api.

I guess your issue is similar especially considering it worked in another system. 

For what it's worth, you could do a fresh java installation and try again.