Unable to copy/paste tMap variables

Seven Stars

Unable to copy/paste tMap variables

I cannot find a way to copy a list of variables from a tMap.  In schemas, you can select a list of columns, copy those columns (click the copy button), then paste those columns into another schema (click the paste button).  But I cannot find a similar facility for copy/paste tMap variables.

I found the article Copying Expressions (Mappings) which seems to imply this is possible but right-clicking on a variable entry does not bring up any ability to copy.  Only if I highlight the actual expression, then can I copy.  But that is one variable expression at a time.

Highlighted
Sixteen Stars

Re: Unable to copy/paste tMap variables

Yes, this can be frustrating. Why are you trying to copy them? If it is to use them in another tMap, have you tried copying the original tMap?

Seven Stars

Re: Unable to copy/paste tMap variables

Thanks.  Yes, I can copy the map and have done that in other cases.  In this particular instance I wanted to copy only a portion of the variables to another map.  (I'm troubleshooting an issue where one job is failing and trying to figure out why -- the error message isn't helpful.  So, trying to build another job to do the same thing, and building it in pieces, checking each time for success/failure.)  Being able to copy individual variables or a set of them just seemed a logical extension of being able to do the same with schema columns.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.