Unable to connect to SAP system in Talend 7.0.1 version

Five Stars

Unable to connect to SAP system in Talend 7.0.1 version

Hi Friends,

I was able to connect to SAP in the Talend ESB version 5.6 as using the tSAPconnection connector(which was pre-configured) as well as the tSAPinput connector.

In version 7.0.1 -

There isn't any separate connector like tSAPconnection but while connecting via tSAPinput the job is resulting in below error:

"

Error in the component's propertiesSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.sap.TSAPDestinationData cannot be resolved to a type
org.talend.sap.TSAPApplicationServerDestData cannot be resolved to a type
org.talend.sap.TSAPDestinationFactory cannot be resolved to a type

"

Note -

1. I have configured the sapjco3.jar (64 bit) file correctly in the designer as well as copied the sapjco3.dll file to the system32 folder

2. I have tried the same set of processes on the both versions but one works fine and the other doesn't

Can you please suggest if I may have missed anything in the 7.0.1 version? Also is it important to perform      "How to install a Talend Function module for SAP" step in this version. Please suggest.

Regards,

Santosh G.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to connect to SAP system in Talend 7.0.1 version

Hello,

From this custom component page on talend exchange,

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:marketplace=marketplace%252F1&p=marketplace%...

the compatibility are, 6.0, 5.6,5.5,5.4.

And we moved tSAPConnection/tSAPCommit/tSAPRollback to talend subscription solution as well since 7.0.1.

Are you able to use sap components(tsapconnection) in V 6.5, 6.4?

Here is a related topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/SAP-Java-Connector-won-t-run/m-p/31862.

Feel free to send an email to sales@talend.com with your requirement a free trail of Talend subscription based ESB tool for a month.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio v 7.0.1?

Since version 6.0, the SAP components(tSAPInput, tSAPOutput) have been removed from Talend Open Studio.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Yes I'm.

But I have installed the custom components which are resulting in the connection issue.

1. Can you please help me in getting closer towards the understanding the issue.

2. Is there any way that I can use Talend subscription based ESB tool for a month, for evaluating the platform and will I get SAP connectors on it?

Regards,
Santosh G.

Hello,

From this custom component page on talend exchange,

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:marketplace=marketplace%252F1&p=marketplace%...

the compatibility are, 6.0, 5.6,5.5,5.4.

And we moved tSAPConnection/tSAPCommit/tSAPRollback to talend subscription solution as well since 7.0.1.

Are you able to use sap components(tsapconnection) in V 6.5, 6.4?

Here is a related topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/SAP-Java-Connector-won-t-run/m-p/31862.

Feel free to send an email to sales@talend.com with your requirement a free trail of Talend subscription based ESB tool for a month.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Thanks xdshi.

I have dropped a mail to the sales team.

Regarding - "Are you able to use sap components(tsapconnection) in V 6.5, 6.4?"

I don't have it downloaded the respective versions but, I was able to use it successfully in the 5.6 version.

One last query -

Is there any client tool for Talend which will only do tasks of developing the jobs and deliver the changes to the server because at client I won't get direct access to the server? Any article would be helpful.

Regards,

Santosh G.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Hello,

@talen612 wrote:

Is there any client tool for Talend which will only do tasks of developing the jobs and deliver the changes to the server because at client I won't get direct access to the server? Any article would be helpful.

It seems you are looking for talend commandline feature which is required for generating and deploying the processes (Job) developed with Talend Studio onto the Job servers. This application allows the JAVA code to be generated for the Jobs on the basis of the XML files contained in the database, and must be started in order to allow Jobs to be started and deployed remotely.

Could you please let us know if it is what you are looking for?

TalendHelpCenter:CommandLine features

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Thanks Sabrina for the apt response.

To clear my thoughts-

Can I access a Talend instance located on another XYZ server. If yes, how do I do that? To access does it need similar version compatibility?

One more thing -

I haven't heard from the Sales team regarding the Talend ESB(subscription) trail version download . Somehow, is there any way to speed that up.

Rgds- Santosh

Hello,

What's your purpose of Talend Instance? A remote feature and collaborative work? Version tool?

Feel free to call us directly according to your location. https://www.talend.com/contact/

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Thanks Sabrina for you support.

I'm sorted with my queries.