Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server

Six Stars

Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server

Hi,

I'm new to Talend and to Java. Currently running Talend 6.4 and JDK 1.8.0. Attempted to create a connection to Microsoft SQL Server and get the following error:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
org.talend.utils.exceptions.MissingDriverException: can not find class :net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
missing JDBC driver :
jtds-1.3.1-patch.jar
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1131)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

So, I downloaded: jtds-1.3.1-patch-6.1.1.jar

Java is running at: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151

Talend was launched from: D:\Talend\TOS_DI-20170623_1246-V6.4.1

I don't know where to put the file. I've read some other posts and tried a couple of places, but could not get the connection to work.

Tried:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\lib
D:\Talend\TOS_DI-20170623_1246-V6.4.1\plugins

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server

It took a while, but I was able to resolve this on my own. I found the file online and was able to import it using the Talend error box shown in my post above.

Can I kudo myself? Smiley Happy

All Replies
Six Stars

This was the message/error:

Talend error.png

Six Stars

It took a while, but I was able to resolve this on my own. I found the file online and was able to import it using the Talend error box shown in my post above.

Can I kudo myself? Smiley Happy

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know that you have resolved this issue by yourself.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.