Six Stars

Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server

Hi,

I am Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server through Talend. It says mssql-jbdc jar missing. Although I have downloaded the JAR, where to put this to be able to connect to SQL server?

mssql_driver.jpg

• Data Integration
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ten Stars

Re: Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server

double check name of driver file, including UpperLower cases, talend critical for name (and check only by exactly matched name)

often mistake

• Different name, Like try to install joda-time-2.8.2.jar when You need joda-time-2.8.1.jar
  • Capital or lowercase laters, like MSsql-jdbc.jar

in Your case jar file name must be exactly mssql-jdbc.jar

-----------
Ten Stars

SQL Server default port 1433 ... but sometime default settings - not work

by default if You open Server Configuration tools it do not have enabled all ip=addresses on server, and have empty port number

I meet many cases, when this - not work from 3rd party tools (Microsoft could continue work)

You just change manually all used interfaces to Enable and all ports to 1433

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 10.19.12 PM.png

-----------
12 REPLIES

Hello,

How did you install the driver file mssql-jdbc.jar?

After you have downloaded it, open the Module view ( go to Windows-->Show view-->Talend, and open it), and click the 'Import external jars' button to import it from your local disk.

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi,

I did the same steps as you wrote.

After the 'Import External Jars' step, I refreshed the screen and below is the screenshot which I get. It is showing the JAR is not installed! So, how do I install it then?

missingjar.jpg

Ten Stars

double check name of driver file, including UpperLower cases, talend critical for name (and check only by exactly matched name)

often mistake

• Different name, Like try to install joda-time-2.8.2.jar when You need joda-time-2.8.1.jar
  • Capital or lowercase laters, like MSsql-jdbc.jar

in Your case jar file name must be exactly mssql-jdbc.jar

-----------
Six Stars

Any replies on this please?

Thanks

Pankaj

Ten Stars

???

-----------
Six Stars

Ya that just seemed to work out.. I changed the name of the jar to be exactly 'mssql-jdbc.jar' and it accepted it..

Thanks.

Six Stars

well things seem to have been working well but now suddenly again I am facing a problem in connecting to my remote SQL Server database. Nothing has changed there except one or two restart of the server. It is giving me TCP/IP connection error athough the same is enabled!

I am attaching couple of screenshots for same.

Any suggestions please?

error.jpgsqlserver.jpg

Hello,

Is it network issue?

Have you already checked both IP address and port? It looks like you can connect to the server with the default port but the database driver uses often after the connect different ports for the peer-to-peer communication.Could you please check if your firewall disturb such routes?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi @xdshi,

From other machines, with SQL Studio Manager I am able to connect through same server and port!

Only from Talend I am not able to. Really surprising thing this is, but can't fathom why...

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which build version you got this issue? Open source or subscription solution?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

I am using Open Studio version 6.3. But the surprising thing is I was able to get the same connection around 3 weeks ago and now I am simply editing this connection and not getting connected to it!

Ten Stars

SQL Server default port 1433 ... but sometime default settings - not work

by default if You open Server Configuration tools it do not have enabled all ip=addresses on server, and have empty port number

I meet many cases, when this - not work from 3rd party tools (Microsoft could continue work)

You just change manually all used interfaces to Enable and all ports to 1433

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 10.19.12 PM.png

-----------