Unable to add Remote server in Preferences > Talend > Run/Debug > Remote window of Talend Studio as "+" button is grayed out

Highlighted
Five Stars

Unable to add Remote server in Preferences > Talend > Run/Debug > Remote window of Talend Studio as "+" button is grayed out

I have  an issue with Talend Open studio while adding a remote server. I go to Preferences > Talend > Run/Debug > Remote window of Talend Studio and "+" button is grayed out . Sometime back I remember  adding a remote server but now its grayed out. I have attached the screenshot. 

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Unable to add Remote server in Preferences > Talend > Run/Debug > Remote window of Talend Studio as "+" button is grayed out

I followed some of the Talend documentation on running a job on the Remote engine from Talend studio and now I am able to understand why the button "+" has grayed out. 

The Remote Engines available in our account are automatically added to the remote server list in Studio (Window > Preferences > Talend > Run/Debug > Remote) once the Remote run feature (use for running or debugging your design option) has been enabled from the Talend Management console. 

https://help.talend.com/reader/5DC~TBhDsBie5JTXyVLW4g/zholMemeOeVQYprSmFWv3w

All Replies
Employee

Re: Unable to add Remote server in Preferences > Talend > Run/Debug > Remote window of Talend Studio as "+" button is grayed out

Hi,

Could you please first try to restore the Studio details to default, apply and then restart the Studio?

image.png

Could you please advise whether the error persists?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Five Stars

Though by clicking "Restore Defaults"  nothing  got changed , I click "Apply" and "OK"  and then  restarted  the studio. Still I am having the same issue . buttons are grayed out.

Eleven Stars

Are you connected with TAC.

Talend Studio allows you to deploy and execute your Jobs on a remote JobServer when you work on either a local project or a remote one on the condition that you are connected with the Talend Administration Center.

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Five Stars

No , I am running or debugging a job design on a Remote Engine from Talend Studio. I am able to add one remote engine few months back  but as of today I am neither  able to edit or delete  the existing  one nor add any new Remote engine.

Five Stars

I followed some of the Talend documentation on running a job on the Remote engine from Talend studio and now I am able to understand why the button "+" has grayed out. 

The Remote Engines available in our account are automatically added to the remote server list in Studio (Window > Preferences > Talend > Run/Debug > Remote) once the Remote run feature (use for running or debugging your design option) has been enabled from the Talend Management console. 

https://help.talend.com/reader/5DC~TBhDsBie5JTXyVLW4g/zholMemeOeVQYprSmFWv3w

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud