Five Stars

Unable to Create CDC in Oracle XStream mode

Hi,

I am trying to set up CDC in Oracle XStream mode. The first step was to create an XStream out connection to the database. DB Type is Oracle OCI, DB Version is 12c. 

However, when I click on "Check" I get the error below: (full error stack below)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc12 in java.library.path

XStream_error.png

I have already installed Oracle Instant Client 12.1. Added the path to .bash_profile. 

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Library/instantclient_12_1

export NLS_LANG=/Library/instantclient_12_1

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

export NLS_LANG

export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_131.jdk

export PATH=/Library/instantclient_12_1:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Complete error stack:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc12 in java.library.path

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1095)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)

at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)

at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)

at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc12 in java.library.path

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1867)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection$1.run(T2CConnection.java:4091)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.loadNativeLibrary(T2CConnection.java:4087)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.logon(T2CConnection.java:301)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:715)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.<init>(T2CConnection.java:195)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CDriverExtension.getConnection(T2CDriverExtension.java:51)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:564)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)

... 9 more

• Data Integration
9 REPLIES

Re: Unable to Create CDC in Oracle XStream mode

Hello,

You have already installed Oracle Client on your computer when use the oracle oci to conntect remote oracle database?

Could you please copy ocijdbc12.dll to %ORACLE_HOME%\BIN directory to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Just some additional update. I tested the Oracle OCI connection with SQL Developer and was able to successfully connect. 

How can I update the java.library.path in Talend?

image.png

Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your response. I must have just missed your reply when I posted the update. 

Yes, I do have Oracle Instant Client installed. I am using Mac OSX. 

Hello,

Have you tried to copy ocijdbc12.dll to %ORACLE_HOME%\BIN directory to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I'm using a Mac, so I don't have the ocijdbc12.dll. 

I don't actually have any file by that name in the instantclient_12_1 directory. 

image.png

I have downloaded and installed the following:

instantclient-basic-macos.x64-12.1.0.2.0.zip

instantclient-jdbc-macos.x64-12.1.0.2.0.zip (I believe I don't actually need this one but installed it anyways)

Followed the installtion instructions and copied the following files to $HOME/lib 

libclntsh.dylib.12.1

libociei.dylib

libclntshcore.dylib.12.1

libons.dylib

libnnz12.dylib

I also added the following to ~/.bash_profile

export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_131.jdk/Contents/Home

export PATH=/Library/instantclient_12_1:/Library/instantclient_12_1/ojdbc7.jar:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Library/instantclient_12_1

export NLS_LANG=american_america.utf8

What else am I missing? I can connect to the database through SQL Developer using Oracle OCI.

Thanks!

Five Stars

Latest update. Since I was able to connect to the database through Oracle OCI on SQL Developer, I thought perhaps it may have something to do with the mac version of the talend application. It was indicated on the help that Windows is the preferred OS. 

So, I went ahead and installed Talend studio on a windows machine. I am able to connect to the database on this version.

Hello,

This issue only repro on your mac?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Yea. It only happens on Mac. It works fine on Windows. I've been using the windows version now. 

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can we consider this topic as resolved?

Best regards

Sabrina

--