Unabel to connect with MSSQL with Microsoft Authentication AD ID

Six Stars

Unabel to connect with MSSQL with Microsoft Authentication AD ID

Hi,

I'm using Talend Integration Cloud Enterprice Solution.

I'm trying to connect with MSSQL with microsoft authentication ADID but I'm getting error.

When I'm able to connect with same ADID by MSSQL suite.

I'm not getting why talend not providing this facility in there tool, this is basic connection for all organiztion.

I have created a genric JDBC connection with some external jars and dll file like sqljdbc_auth.dll.

It's working fine in my local talend developer studio. But again when I'm deploying to Talend Cloud same error I'm getting like "unknow user", might be some external required jars and dll files are not deployed.

Some one tell me how I will resolved this issue?

Re: Unabel to connect with MSSQL with Microsoft Authentication AD ID

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue? So far, talend uses the jtds jar and jtds connection string.

Could you please create a new connection in metadata with all the required parameter for  MSSQL DB (tMSSqlConnection) type instead of generic JDBC type to see if it is OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi,

I'm using the talend integrate cloud studio 6.4.

@xdshiwrote:

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue? So far, talend uses the jtds jar and jtds connection string.

Could you please create a new connection in metadata with all the required parameter for  MSSQL DB (tMSSqlConnection) type instead of generic JDBC type to see if it is OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

I select MSSQL server connection and in that I selected the Microsoft Authentication and insert all required paramete like user name password. I'm using AD ID as user. In that I'm getting error like:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'VSTAGE/jarindurad'. ClientConnectionId:f9ef1b72-05e3-4f81-9e39-9496836aa130
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1047)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'VSTAGE/jarindurad'. ClientConnectionId:f9ef1b72-05e3-4f81-9e39-9496836aa130
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:259)
      at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:256)

@xdshiwrote:

Hello,

Best regards

Sabrina

Hello,

Are you able to connect to your MSSQL with microsoft authentication ADID through client without using talend tool?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Yes, I'm able to connect with Microsoft authentication AD-ID without talend tool