One Star

Uge problems with SVN

Hi,
I'm using the version 4.2.2 of TIS Enterprise Edition and I have trouble using SVN.
1- First, there is a big problem with the way Talend manage SVN commit.
Since I didn't want SVN create too many revision of a file, my project was configured tu use commit data on Unlocked Item
This mode brings a uge problem :
If you lock an item, work on it all day saving regularly, leave Talend Studio without Unlock because je job is not finished,
then restart Talend the next morning, all the work done has disappeared. It has been replaced by the version that was on SVN on the start of Talend.
So I don't have the choice but using Automatic commit !
2 - Next, a developpers with no Administration role on it's TAC profile cannot create new Job.
Je job appears in the Studio, but is not created in SVN.
So when Studio restarts, everything is gone ... again.
3 - Finaly, some of the developpers constantly have the following message when trying to commit the job :
org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
svn: PUT request failed on '/svn/!svn/wrk/18d6331c-3301-0010-96fb-4da1d54372ea/ ... .item'
Once again, this problem makes me loose the work I've done.
From the beginning of my work, I had to restart more than 10 times my works
I'm loosing lots of time, and this cannot continue that way.
What are the solutions ?
Regards
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Uge problems with SVN

3 - Finaly, some of the developpers constantly have the following message when trying to commit the job :
org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
svn: PUT request failed on '/svn/!svn/wrk/18d6331c-3301-0010-96fb-4da1d54372ea/ ... .item'
Hi,
we have the same error, according to Talend, the cause is the distance between our servers. Our svn server is located at 500 km and we use a vpn to access it.
Your svn server is in local ?
regards,
Ben
One Star

Hi, thanx for your reply
The TAC and SVN are both on the same server.
The serveurs are around 200km from were I am
However the developer that issues the problem access the Talend server through a VPN
How the distance can be a problem ?
One Star

We are having a similar problem and keep losing work because Talend will not commit the work, it loses the lock on the job I am working on so it does not save the work.
Also having problems with socket errors as another problem when trying save.
Community Manager

We are having a similar problem and keep losing work because Talend will not commit the work, it loses the lock on the job I am working on so it does not save the work.
Also having problems with socket errors as another problem when trying save.

Hi cptSanky
This topic is about one year old. For better management, please report a new topic for your problem, and provide details, which version are you using? which commit model? which lock model?
Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

We are using Talend Enterprise Team running SVN on the Job server.
A job is changed when I try to exit, Talend asks if I want to save I say yes but it does not save and I cannot quit without closing the job and clicking do not save.
We have tried to register a bug on support but we cannot logon so someone is looking into that before we can even report the bug.
I have lost days worth of work and I cannot progress the project I am working on.
One Star

I cannot even get in Talend any more I get the following error:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Connection reset
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/Talend/!svn/vcc/default'
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.update(SvnEclipseHandler.java:300)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.update(SvnEclipseHandler.java:276)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:265)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:277)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:228)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:194)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1565)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(LoginDialog.java:344)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Connection reset
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:778)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1850)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.update(SVNClientImpl.java:633)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.update(SVNClientImpl.java:605)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.update(SVNClientImpl.java:597)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.internalUpdate(SvnHandler.java:283)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.update(SvnHandler.java:274)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.update(SvnEclipseHandler.java:283)
... 8 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: Connection reset
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:106)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:90)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:639)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:277)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:265)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.doReport(DAVConnection.java:266)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.runReport(DAVRepository.java:1271)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.update(DAVRepository.java:819)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.update(SVNUpdateClient.java:564)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.doUpdate(SVNUpdateClient.java:401)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.update(SVNClientImpl.java:629)
... 13 more