UTF-8 character encoding problem with mysql

One Star

UTF-8 character encoding problem with mysql

Hi,
I am using talend v 5.3, I have followed all the steps mentioned below.
i.e. added "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8" in the additional parameter of the mysql connection.
also tried "SET character_set_results = 'utf8', character_set_client = 'utf8', character_set_connection = 'utf8', character_set_database = 'utf8', character_set_server = 'utf8'" in the mysql row component but I am still facing this problem.
I was trying to use the traces debug and found that the strings are not getting converted to UTF-8 format.
Is this a problem in the v5.3 or have I missed anything in the above statements. Please check the attached images.
Regards,
Saabir

Re: UTF-8 character encoding problem with mysql

Hi,

i.e. added "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8" in the additional parameter of the mysql connection.

Why didn't you add the additional parameter in tMysqlOutPut component. How did you design your workflow.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

Please check the charset settings of your table. The default for it after creating a table without any given option is Swedish! It is to late changing the database settings after the table is already created.
If you have changed the language/charset option for your database you can consider drop table and create it new (e.g. by Talend output components). In this case - after the database has the uft8 charset - all new tables take this as default charset.
In your Talend job you have actually no real influence to this topic.
One Star

Hi,
I have added "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8" in the additional parameter of tMysqlOutput component.
I am also trying to output data from tMysqlInput component into tLogrow, but it doesnot show UTF-8 there either.
Also I recreated the table with below syntax.
CREATE TABLE `temp_utf8` (
`id` bigint(10) NOT NULL,
`title` varchar(128) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
Still I am facing the same problem.
I am sure I am missing something here.
Regards,
Saabir