One Star

URL Connection is invalid on tCreateTable with MSSqlServer

Hi,
I think the following is a bug but I'm not sure.
I am trying to use tCreateTable against MS-SQL 2005. It does not run, generating the error shown below:
Exception in component tCreateTable_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Creating table failed
at performancecentralv10.pcv10_wmi_0_1.PCV10_WMI.tCreateTable_1Process(PCV10_WMI.java:5826)
at performancecentralv10.pcv10_wmi_0_1.PCV10_WMI.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(PCV10_WMI.java:5722)
at performancecentralv10.pcv10_wmi_0_1.PCV10_WMI.tSystem_1Process(PCV10_WMI.java:1261)
at performancecentralv10.pcv10_wmi_0_1.PCV10_WMI.tFileInputXML_1Process(PCV10_WMI.java:1118)
at performancecentralv10.pcv10_wmi_0_1.PCV10_WMI.runJobInTOS(PCV10_WMI.java:7048)
at performancecentralv10.pcv10_wmi_0_1.PCV10_WMI.main(PCV10_WMI.java:6909)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The syntax of the connection URL 'jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://VMCPCV10://PerformanceCentral_Dev10;noDatetimeStringSync=true;instance=SQLS2005A' is invalid.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.setupConnectProperties(Driver.java:239)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:175)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at performancecentralv10.pcv10_wmi_0_1.PCV10_WMI.tCreateTable_1Process(PCV10_WMI.java:5775)
... 5 more
From reading around the forums the connection string looks to be incorrectly formed. According to
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=17856#p17856
the connection string should be formed as:
jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://172.22.10.7:3268;DatabaseName=REAL_Warehouse_Sample_V6;noDatetimeStringSync=true;instance=Training
(but obviously with appropiate values !). The connection string in my case is nothing like that.
I have attached screenshots of the Basic and Advanced tabs for this component. You'll notice that virtually all of the fields refer to context variables. In another part of the processing for this job I use tMSSqlOutput with the same context variables and that connects to the database quite happily.
Any ideas anyone ?
Have I got something configured incorrectly ?
Cheers,
Dave
5 REPLIES
One Star

Re: URL Connection is invalid on tCreateTable with MSSqlServer

oops, the images were too big. Trying again.
One Star

Hi,
I have just tried it out on MS-SQL 2008 Express, and it worked fine.
I used a tMSSqlConnection before I call the tCreateTable.
My table name is Vertex running on my machine, and here is my connection string taken from my DB metadata: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433/vertex;
I have uploaded the picture of my job.
Hope it helps!
Regards,
Serpico
One Star

Oops I meant my database name is Vertex
One Star

Hi Serpico,
Thanks for the response.
If you are using the MSSQLConnection does this mean that you don't have any connection info in the tCreateTable component itself ? Or have you coded that to "use existing connection" ?
Cheers,
Dave
Employee

DaveWellman
When you use a database component connection such MSSQLConnection, you must use it in your other database components by checking "use existing connection" and selecting it.