One Star

UPDATE Action =*=*=*= TOO LONG Times =*=*=*=

HI
I would like to say about the UPDATE action on table takes too much times, the methode only which I found is to work by a temporary table then execute the stored procedure that makes the job of INSERT or Update
Damage that Talend manages still badly Update Action
Thanks
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: UPDATE Action =*=*=*= TOO LONG Times =*=*=*=

Hi,
The update actions are made through the java.sql library and your SGBD*. If you find them too slow, maybe you should reconsider your job design because as far as I know Talend only helps you to generate java code, its up to you to optimize what can/could be.
Anyway, a picture/description of your job could be useful if you want somebody to help you.
Cheers,
Diane
*it's the french name but I guess it's not a problem for you Smiley Happy
One Star

Merci Diane pour ta réponse!
pour avoir travailler sur Talend depuis maintenant quelques mois, je peux t'assurer que les update dans les actions sur les tables est à eviter absolument car pour une certaine volumétrie cela devient très vite infernal et le temps est considérablement grand....
c'est vrai que talend génère derrière du java, mais je pense que l'optimisation (algorithme des update??) est à améliorer si ce n'est pas déja fait.
cordialement
One Star

I never faced such a problem with update, and I have no idea why you are suffering them. Did you test OutputBulk component? In a lot of situations they are much faster, however they need HD space.
You can also try tOutputBatch from the Ecosphere, it could improve performances too.
One Star

THX I will try these components, tOutputBatch seems interessant
I want ask you about OutputBulk, what's the difference with tXXXOuput? in which case we use it?
thx lot
One Star

There are three components around the "bulk" concept (in fact it uses SQL*Loader):
- tXXXOutputBulk: writes data in a delimited file
- tXXXBulkExec: loads data from a delimited file into a DB using SQL*Loader
-tXXXOutputBulkExec: combines the previous two, skipping a possible data modification and directly writind and loading datas in DB using a delimited file as buffer.
All these components can use multithreading, improving their speed.
Hope it helps
One Star

ok thank you so much, very interesting!
thx