One Star

UDF encrypt password

Hello,

I am looking for a java code to encrypt the password with the Argon2i algorithm, I find this https://github.com/phxql/argon2-jvm but I do not know how to use it in Talend

Can someone help me on this?

Best regards

3 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Re: UDF encrypt password

You need to read the documentation, understand the provided steps... so read, google, trial and error... compile .jar file(s).
But luckily you can download them, I'm not sure if it are the latest version: Argon 2 - v2.4 JAR

In Talend,

1 - via preferences you can point/add additionial jar files (restart/reload Talend).

Or 

2 - via component tPreJob -> tLibraryLoad.  Next in the component advanced

import <theArgonclasses and other dependency>;

Next is java coding to generate the passwords, documentation.

tJava or tJavaRow

Try it first with an example / simple job before you integrate it in a real job because you probably need to find your way to get things working.

Good Luck... go for it... if you got this to work... you unlocked the full potential of talend Smiley Wink

Nine Stars

You need to read the documentation, understand the provided steps... so read, google, trial and error... compile .jar file(s).
But luckily you can download them, I'm not sure if it are the latest version: Argon 2 - v2.4 JAR

In Talend,

1 - via preferences you can point/add additionial jar files (restart/reload Talend).

Or 

2 - via component tPreJob : tLibraryLoad.  Next in the component advanced

import <theArgonclasses and other dependency>;

Next is java coding to generate the passwords, documentation.

tJava or tJavaRow

Try it first with an example / simple job before you integrate it in a real job because you probably need to find your way to get things working.

Good Luck... go for it... if you got this to work... you unlocked the full potential of talend Smiley Wink

Six Stars

I would use a custom routine for this. Look here for a good example:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Create-a-user-routine-and-call-it-in-a-Job/ta...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you like my answer, please accept it as solution and send some kudos