Five Stars

Tutorial issue: Job compile error

Hi, I searched for this on Google, but the solution was on the old forums, and I also read the old forums were archived instead of migrated here, which I assume is the new version (I think it wasn't a clever decision to dump so many solved issues for a Joomla!-looking forum UI, but that's just my opinion), thus I couldn't read the solution and had to come here to ask again.

Long story short, I followed the tutorial step by step: Create input and output components, add a mapper and propagate data from a pre-built CSV to an empty one. All good until I press run and it returns some odd error in code which is likely caused by me skipping some step.

Screenshot_1.png

The error pops on the output file component, can someone point me in the right direction here?

PS: The tag system is really awkward.

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Tutorial issue: Job compile error

It's hard to diagnose without more information, but usually that error means you have a typo in the parameters for that component (e.g. an extra ")"). Have you enclosed all the parameters that will be referenced by Java in quotes? That's a mistake I've made multiple times Man Happy

Good luck!

David

3 REPLIES
Six Stars

It's hard to diagnose without more information, but usually that error means you have a typo in the parameters for that component (e.g. an extra ")"). Have you enclosed all the parameters that will be referenced by Java in quotes? That's a mistake I've made multiple times Man Happy

Good luck!

David

Five Stars

Thanks for the quick answer.

I checked again and it seems the output file path NEEDS quotes for some reason. I thought it would be parsed properly in the code behind.

Rather counter-intuitive, that was the solution exactly.
Ten Stars

The platform needs to interpret string literals and variables (or both) in component settings, and one or the other needs a delimiter. Talend's design choice hews closely to the Java code it creates, with string literals wrapped with quotes and variables without.