One Star

Tutorial( Working with global context variables)

Hello.
I'm working on Working with global context variables from tutorials. And I 'm on step two. 
I opened Create/ Edit a context wizard, I add three context variables and figure them. But I can't find the Values as tree tub. 
So please tell me how to show that tub.
(I'm using Talend Open Studio for DI Ver.5.6)
Thank you.
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Tutorial( Working with global context variables)

i cannot see your picture
Five Stars

but can you see the default tab? in side that we have value tab you can assign value there. 
if you want to add another group like dev, prod... then use right corner signed. it popup another window where you can add it.

Hi sa.hi.0416,
Make sure your screenshot file is not bigger than 2 MB.

Screenshots works only if you drag&drop the image directly in the editor window.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I was just as confused as the original poster. I'm using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration v5.6.1. I'm going through the tutorials as well, and I was stumped by the description and pictures of the "Edit context" window. There's no "Value as tree" or "Value as table" tabs. In fact there are no tabs at all. The "configure contexts" button looks different and is positioned differently. This all serves to confuse an inexperienced user. I eventually found the "configure contexts" button and was able to continue the tutorial.
This looks like the tutorial is made for an earlier version of the software.
One Star

Did you get a resolution to this. I am having the same issue
One Star

What's value as tree ? Can you show me the tutorial ?
What do you actually wanna do ? Adding default values for your context variables?
One Star

Jcs19: I can't post the link to the tutorial, because "Users with 10 posts or less may not add live URLs", I guess you'll just have to google "talend context tutorial" or something. It's called "Working with global context variables".
"Value as tree" and "Value as table" are tabs in the "Create/Edit context group" dialog box which is shown in step 2 the tutorial. These tabs do not exist in the same dialog box in my version of Talend. When the tutorial goes on to say in step 4 that I should choose the "context" tab in the job designer, I'm stumped. There is no "context" tab in my job designer, and no "Select Context Variables wizard" or "Add Context Group wizard". I still have no idea how to import my context variables to my job.
Regards
Eirik

Hi Eirik,
Are you referring to document:https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Using+contexts+and+variables&content-lang=en?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.