Six Stars

Trying to take Excel File data from incoming email to Salesforce

Hi all,

I am trying to create a job that takes incoming emails to a specific mailbox, which all will have attached excel files with the same 28 specific columns (just different data in the rows), and have gotten relatively far but am running into a wall here. I have successfully established the top line of the attached screenshot, where the emails' attachments are saved into a specific folder to my computer, but am trying to incorporate the cells straight into the salesforce org also. I couldn't find anything on the error message I am given, is anyone familiar with it and could point me in the right direction? Would also be open if anyone has a suggestion on a better way to do it, I am relatively new to this and could very well be doing it "the hard way".

ss1.PNG

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Trying to take Excel File data from incoming email to Salesforce

To be honest, the issue seemed to fix itself over the weekend; no others had access to the job or the org, but the error message is gone and I am able to upload into Salesforce just fine. Thank you guys for your help!

7 REPLIES
Ten Stars

This looks like a Salesforce issue. It is saying the application is locked.

Rilhia Solutions
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

Hi,
I never seen this message before and can't find anything on Google.
Can you share the tSalesforceOutput configuration?
Also, I suggest you to build a csv file with the record from Excel files, then try to load the content using data loader.
If you get the same error, contact Salesforce support.

TRF
Six Stars

TRF and r_hall,

Thank you for replying to my post; I am able to upload through the Data Import Wizard in salesforce fine, and am also able to upload straight from excel in a flow as shown below:

snip2.PNG

My issue with Data Import Wizard is that I have not found a way to automate the process (in this case, upload any excel files that come in via email once a day to Salesforce), so I was trying to figure out a way to do it through Talend. I am also not familiar with the error code, and couldn't find anything online for it, but here's the Output config:

config.PNG

That same config for the output works fine in the simpler flow above in this comment, so I figure the issue shouldn't lie there; I just wish there was some documentation on that error message.

Ten Stars

It's been a while since I have worked with Salesforce ( a couple of years) but I do recall irritating issues with schema versions. I notice your schema is built-in. Are you sure your schema is suitable for your version of Salesforce AND that the version of Salesforce you are using is compatible with the version of Talend you are using?

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

rhall,

I have just checked to verify that I am able to upload the excel file data through that simpler flow fine with the default selection "Built-in" schema, telling me that it is compatible with the my SF version and talend.

Hello,

Could you please on which build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

To be honest, the issue seemed to fix itself over the weekend; no others had access to the job or the org, but the error message is gone and I am able to upload into Salesforce just fine. Thank you guys for your help!