Trying to convert a standard job to a big data batch job, and getting this?

Highlighted
Five Stars

Trying to convert a standard job to a big data batch job, and getting this?

I'm trying to convert a standard job to a big data batch job and get this error. Can anyone explain this to me? 

some components are not loaded.PNG

I also have a context load job for the standard job that I'm converting. Any idea what I do with that since I cannot convert it to a big data batch job?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Trying to convert a standard job to a big data batch job, and getting this?

Hi,

You cannot convert the entire logic from Standard job to Bigdata job. For example, if you want to push a file using tHDFSPut, you will have to use DI job. So when you move the flow, you will have to remove the logic with problematic components to separate DI job and the best idea will be to orchestrate them to achieve your business goal.

For example, there is no tHDFSConnection in Bigdata job. You will have to convert them to tHDFSConfiguration. If you are setting the connection details through metadata, it will be easy for you to delete the first component and replace them with second component.

Similar is the case with other components also. The goal of Bigdata jobs is to utilize the capability of Spark framework when you are processing within HDFS layer. But if you want to delete a file using tFileDelete, Spark cannot increase the performance there and you will have to use the DI flow. 

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now