Transferring Hive Data from One Environment to Environment

One Star

Transferring Hive Data from One Environment to Environment

Hi i am very new to Hadoop.So i don't know what components should be used for transferring hive data from one cluster to another cluster or one environment to another environment.Please suggest me a better way to transefer data from one server to another server.And also please tell me what components should be used for transfering

Re: Transferring Hive Data from One Environment to Environment

Hi,
What's your environment? Is it same in both clusters?
 There might be some conflict jar issue if your transfer data directly from one server to another, such as, thdfsinput-->thdfsoutput.
Could you please try to use tsqoopXXX component to call sqoop to transfer data from the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) to a relational database management system  and then call Sqoop to transfer data from a relational database management system (RDBMS)  into the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)?
The work flow should be:HDFS(A) -->MySql(oracle...)------> Mysql(oracle....)-->HDFS(B)
Or try to use distcp (Distributed Copy)command in tsystem component to see if it works.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.